Objectives for Key Ideas and Details
Total scored items on ATI TEAS: 15 questions out of 39
Table of Contents
Summarize Multi-Paragraph Details
Identify the Topic
Main Idea and Supporting Details
- What is the author talking about in this paragraph?
- What is the overall point that the author is trying to make?
- What are the supporting details in the paragraph?
Identify Key Points
- What are the most important ideas in this paragraph?
- What information do I need to remember?
- What details support the main idea?
Explain Supporting Details of the Main Idea
Paraphrase Key Points in a Multi-Paragraph Passges
- The American Revolution was a conflict between the American colonies and Great Britain that resulted in America’s independence.
- This war led to the formation of the United States of America as a sovereign nation.
Make Inferences and Draw Conclusions
Inferences versus Conclusions
Explicit and Implicit Evidence
Drawing Logical Conclusions
Demonstrate Comprehension of Written Directions
Identify Words and Phrases that Signify Order and Relationship
Identify Priorities in a Set of Directions
- first, take out the garbage
- next, do your homework
- then, take a shower
- finally, eat dinner
- make your bed
- brush your teeth
- eat breakfast
Identify Missing Information and Contraindications
Locate Specific Information in a Passage
Finding Relevant Information to Solve a Problem
Asking Questions to Determine Missing Information
Using Textual Features to Navigate Information
Headings and Subheading
Sidebars, Footnotes, and Legends
Analyze and Interpret Charts and Graphs
Locating Information in a Graph to Solve a Problem
Interpreting Graphic Representations of Ideas to Solve Problems
Biased or Misleading Information in Graphics
Using Graphics to Strengthen Arguments
Interpret Events in a Sequence
Identify and Evaluating Phrases that Indicate a Sequence of Events
Identify Language that provides Cohesion in Ordering Events
- When cohesion words can include “today,” “tomorrow,” “now,” and “last month”
- How Often cohesion words can include “always,” “occasionally,” and “seldom”
- Length of Time cohesion words can include “all month,” “all season,” and “all week”