Bodily Organs and Systems – Anatomical Terms
PDF DOWNLOADS FROM REVIEW
QUIZ QUESTIONS LISTED AT END OF REVIEW
Questions related to the Bodily Organs and Systems will test your knowledge of structures and functions within the ten human organ systems that are essential to life. You may also be tested on vocabulary terms related to your understanding of anatomy. You must understand these vital body systems when caring for patient’s co-morbidities.
Please note that the ATI TEAS will only cover basic knowledge of bodily organs and systems. More in-depth knowledge will be covered in our Anatomy and Physiology Series.
Let’s get started on understanding how the bodily organs and systems are important on the ATI TEAS.
RELEVANT ANATOMICAL TERMS
The following terms are commonly used when discussing anatomy.
- Anterior means in front or in front of
- Posterior means in the back or in back of
- Ventral refers to the front of the body
- Dorsal refers to the back of the body
- Medial means closer to the center line of the body
- Lateral means farther from the center line of the body
- Proximal means closer to the origin of the limb or attachment point
- Distal means the origin of the limb or attachment point
- Superior means above or higher up
- Inferior means below or lower down
- Sagittal means the plane that divides the body vertically from right to left
- Transverse means the plane that divides the body horizontally from top to bottom
- Coronal (also called frontal) means the plane that divides the body vertically from front to back